init linked dynamically

I'm just a bit puzzled here: I've heard someone remind us that
we SHOULD have rm, ln and all linked statically somewhere on our
harddisks, but I just noticed that

  ldd /sbin/init
        libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5.2.18

Now, I wonder how much use these statically linked copies of rm are?
If ever my /lib vanishes, how much use will they be? (I assume that on
the the rescue floppy disk is /lib, so still no use for static rm?)

What am I missing?

--
joost witteveen
            joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl