FTP.DEBIAN.ORG

Just so everyone knows ftp.debian.org is STILL running. Problem there is
NO updates running against the developer site. This machine will be most
likely going away sometime in the extremely near future. This has
happened mainly do to a lack of communication between myself and a few
other developers.

Just for a little background so people know, the machine that
ftp.debian.org lives on is also my desk machine. The only way this
machine has stayed where it was is due to the users that lived on the
machine...... With the users moving to master.debian.org then this
machine (in the departments eye) is no longer going to be needed for this
task.

However I don't mind maintaining this machine for the task it is falling
into, But in order for this to happen this machine will have to be replaced.
Donations are more than welcome to the university and if someone wants
information on making a donation to keep this machine alive then let me
know...

Currently the machine sitting here is a P5-133 with 48megs of ram and 8
gigs of drive space.

To do the job needed we will need a P5-75 32megs  and 2 gigs of drive space.
Motherboard 	290.00$
P5-75 CPU   	149.00$
AHA-2940 SCSI	200.00$
PCI Ethernet	124.00$
2 16meg simms	950.00$
CPU FAN		 20.00$
2 1gig drives	599.00$
Trident PCI vid. 68.00$ (ISA is 60$ but PCI is better)

This would be considered in my eye the minimum system.
This for the most part other that lowering CPU and RAM amounts is the EXACT
same machine that is running. (other than the one running cost 9,000.00$)
These are my costs on hardware and I am not making a dime on any of this
infact I will have to assemble and order these parts. Which will cost me
money. I happen to have a vga monitor an empty case of my own that I will
put this into.

Thanks again...

 --
Matthew S. Bailey
107 Emmons Hall

mbailey@cps.cmich.edu

... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer,
my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.  Any
resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.
The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them is left as an exercise for the reader.  The question of the
existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the second god
coefficient.  (A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism
is beyond the scope of this article.)