ftp site

Two quick notes --
I just saw this on ftp.debian.org (bugs-2.cps.cmich.edu):
230-
230-NOTE: This machine may be going away in the near future (ie Feb 1st 96)
230-      The service this machine was purchased for is now be moved away
230-      to another site and this machine will be reclaimed by the department
230-      for other internal use.
230-
230-Please send mail to mbailey@cps.cmich.edu if you feal there is a need for this
230-  site to stay online for future use. Please place a SUBJECT line of
230-  FTP SERVER on your mail because I receive 4-500 mail messages a day.
230-
230-Thanks again it has been a pleasure serving the needs of people on the inter

I sent him a note asking about the Debian repository (and thanking him
for past service) but thought I should probably check here too....

The other: where do new packages move from the upload site? I've found
xterm_color-3.1.2-11 which is the ELF-recompilation someone did for me
(thanks!) but I don't see any of the a.out uploads. (or is it the case
that the a.out uploads are just not wanted, and I should put them up
somewhere else?)

								_Mark_