Re: Developer@debian.org

On Mon, 29 Jan 1996, Erick Branderhorst wrote:

> I'll have to change email adress in the future (near) and was wondering if
> a solution for this problem could be solved by creating a forward mail
> account for every developer on debian.org. At only one place in the
> complete debian-distribution the developers real email adress would be
> available and to be changed. Is this smart or stupid or are better ways
> to solve this problem available?
> Would we need more bandwidth if we should use this solution?
> Would debian.org be overloaded?
> Other pro's or con's?

These could easily be run from ftp.debian.org but as far as debian.org
mail goes I think that is over Ian Murdocks PPP link...

--
Matthew S. Bailey
107 Emmons Hall

mbailey@cps.cmich.edu

... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer,
my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.  Any
resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.
The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them is left as an exercise for the reader.  The question of the
existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the second god
coefficient.  (A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism
is beyond the scope of this article.)