Re: netpbm vs. pbmplus

On Thu, 25 Jan 1996, Chris Fearnley wrote:

> Am I really the only one who sees virtue in separate directories
> for large groups of related programs to help keep our filesystem
> organized?

Nope, I think it's a good idea.  One of the reasons I prefer debian over
slackware is that the location of files is far more organised.

Keeping large packages in their own directories adds to this
organisation.

This sort of organisation works for /usr/lib, /etc, /var/spool, and many
other directories....it works for /usr/bin too.

Craig

--
  cas@muffin.pronet.com                                cas@muffin.apana.org.au
   *       Unix Consulting:  Installation, Configuration, & Support.        *