Re: netpbm vs. pbmplus

On Thu, 25 Jan 1996, Chris Fearnley wrote:

> I'm tiring of the thread (too much real work to get done).  Am I really
> the only one who sees virtue in separate directories for large groups
> of related programs to help keep our filesystem organized?

No! But you are the only one who really wants to talk about it :-)

The hierarchical(sp/tm) structure of subdirectories leads one to organize
material the way Chris wishes to, while leaving the capability of lumping
everything together in one easy-to-get-to place the way Dirk prefers.

This seems to be a matter of preference. Maybe maintainers of these kind
of packages can offer the option of a separate subdirectory for those of
us who are more hyphenated than others.

YHS,

Dwarf