Re: Packaging Harvest cached

Hi Ian!

}> }Perhaps you should consider asking Ian M. to allocate a special user
}> }or group for you ?  It isn't a good idea to give `nobody' any
}> }priveliges ...
}>
}> This aint no priveliges. Only the stored data is owned by nobody and
}> the logfiles, too. That's all. I don't see that this needs a different
}> user.
}
}Yes, that is extra privilege [sic].  *Lots* of programs use `nobody'
}as a generic user that cannot do any damage to any files belonging to
}anything else.

Ok, that makes sense, even for me.

I've just asked Ian M. to assign those two.

}If it is important for the user to see the message then you should
}have a `hit return to continue' prompt after it.  If it isn't then you
}shouldn't display it at all.

Hmbf. So you think I shall decide if the message is important? If one
wants to run a proxy he should know what he's doing, so it's
unimportant. Anyway, let's get the user press return.

}Right.  So is there any reason why you shouldn't just remove the test ?
}What did they put it there for ?

They put the code in to test the DNS. If DNS is broken it doesn't make
much sense running cached. Unfortunately this only works for
internet-connected sites.

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/ Install joe (Joey's Own Editor)     correct: Joe's Own Editor /