netpbm vs. pbmplus

* Regarding /usr/bin/netpbm/*p[pgb]m* vs. /usr/bin/*p[pbg]m*:

It should obviously be in the path by default.  It's true that it has
quite a few binaries, but not a huge number compared to the 560-odd
that are in /usr/bin on my system.

Since the alternative is trying to figure out a new scheme for
dynamically modifying the default path, and then having a devil of a
job getting it into every path-setting program, I think this is
clearly the best solution.

* Regarding non-free:

If we can it would be nice if we could classify every binary as either
free or non-free, and to generate two binary packages from the same
source[1], but the maintainer may not have time for that.

If they don't then it'll have to go into non-free, which is a real
shame.

I think it's clear that ppmtogif needs to be in non-free.

Ian.

[1] One could argue that this is `for profit distribution' of the
non-free source, but what we're really doing is distributing the
non-free source for free with the free source (*chuckle*) because it's
inconvenient to disentangle them.  I'm not a laywer, though, let
alone an American intellectual property lawyer.