Can anyone reproduce core dump in locate with large database?

Debian bug #702 against findutils is still outstanding.  It is a core
dump of the program locate, perhaps when the locate database is large.

Can anyone reproduce the locate core dump?  If so, can you provide a
database file (usually /var/lib/locate/locatedb) for me via ftp, or
any other reasonable means?

I used to see this core dump, but by the time I started maintaining
findutils, the core dump disappeared for me.  I include the text of
the original bug report for your further edification.

kevin
kevin@aimnet.com