Re: umount -n (was Re: Halt script)

> It should try to unmount all local disks before the NFS ones if at
> all possible.

It should unmount all disks in the reverse order in which they were
mounted. This assures you of avoiding the problem of unmounting a
partition upon which something else is currently mounted.  "umount -a"
correctly unmounts in reverse order of the appearance of a mount in
/etc/mtab.

A timeout on nfs unmounts would be appropriate. We shouldn't apply a
short timeout to local unmounts, though. Sometimes my disks have to spin
up from sleep mode when they are being unmounted.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> Pixar Animation Studios
Toy Story: > US$161M domestic box office receipts so far.