Re: Do we really care how many floppies are in the base?

On Wed, 6 Sep 1995, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I have two base systems at the moment. One installs in 5 floppies, and contains
> all of the files in all of the packages contained in the base, and perl,
> and netstd, and ncurses-runtime. One installs in two floppies, and you then
> have to install the base packages afterward. The 5-floppy one sounds like it
> will be a lot easier to support (meaning there will be less answering questions
> about why dpkg is complaining and where is the documentation).
>
> I may have made an ill-considered decision when I built the 2-disk base.
> I'd like to hear opinion on which system we should be using for 0.93R6 .
>
> 	Thanks
>
> 	Bruce
After an install here I say go for the 5disk you will be able to cram
more software into the system that would hopefully allow for a functional
but minimal system.

Another good choice would be to have a 'vi' editor on the base system
along with maybe ftp....

Matt