Re: Parsing package filenames (was: Re: New ftp method for dselect)

   Once we decide on a package naming standard, we should tell the
   rest of the free software world what it is and encourage the
   upstream maintainers to stick to that format.

Tell them without asking for comments? :-)  [What was that about
committees?]

I lean towards Bill Mitchell's idea.

[1] it matches prior discussions on the subject
[2] less entropy in dumb conversion to msdos
[3] minimal effort to bring packages into conformance

--
Raul
(70 unread messages remaining)