Re: Parsing package filenames (was: Re: New ftp method for dselect)

From: Bill Mitchell <mitchell@mdd.comm.mot.com>
> I'd accept such a proclimation from you, barring opposition from Ian M.

I'm not going to make a proclamation this time. I'm going on vacation.
I didn't want to return to the same situation, though :-) . I was hoping
that I'd be able to upload my remaining packages in ELF form, leave for
a while, and when I came back all of the problems of Debian would be
resolved :-) .

Once we decide on a package naming standard, we should tell the rest
of the free software world what it is and encourage the upstream
maintainers to stick to that format.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--