Re: ALPHA release of apache-1.0.0-1 now available

Chris Fearnley <cjf@netaxs.com>, in a magnificent manifestation of deity, wrote:
>'Michael Alan Dorman wrote:'
>>On Sun, 17 Dec 1995, Chris Fearnley wrote:
>>> This is a preliminary release.  It seems to work, but I'm disatisfied
>>> with my handling of httpd configuration (basically there is none - you
>>> have to edit /etc/httpd/* by hand).
>>
>>Hmm.  That's what kept me from releasing mine.
>>Maybe we can decide what constitutes a resonable set of things to do at
>>install time?
>
>I like the idea of asking a set of questions in the postinst
>(similarly to cern-httpd).  There are too many options to simply
>impose on the user some default configuration.  Now, that I've got it
>compiled, I'm reading the User Guide!  I plan to design some
>specifications for the /usr/sbin/httpdconfig script (when I can code
>it is another story, indeed).

I've got many parts of an apache httpd config questionnaire done but
it's not complete and needs to be cleaned up.  I could probably do that
this weekend.  Would you be interested in looking at it afterwards?

Darren
<torin@daft.com> <http://www.daft.com/~torin/>    <tnd@iswp.org> <torin@io.com>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/+1-800-921-4996
@ Do you have your clothes on? I probably don't. Take yours off. Feel better. @