Re: newest ncurses

On Sun, 10 Dec 1995, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
> I'm now uploading ncurses-1.9.8a-2 & co.  It is also available for ftp
> from lot49.med.miami.edu:/pub/linux/ until it gets cleared at
> ftp.debian.org.

I forgot to mention that you will almost certainly have to use 'dpkg
--purge --force-depends' on both ncurses-runtime and -developer, since
the new packages now (correctly) conflict with the above, and some base
packages depend on ncurses-runtime.

This may break those particular programs, since we have changed the
search structure for terminfo entries in the new packages.  You can
correct this by symlinking the entries under /etc/terminfo to
/usr/lib/terminfo.

This will be done automatically in ncurses-term-1.9.8a-3.

Mike.
--
"I'm a dinosaur.  Somebody's digging my bones."