This is another update of the beta-test next-generation elvis
The author has asked that this not yet be made widely available.
Please put it in project/private/BETA. Interested debian maintainers
are invited to download it and provide feedback to the author.
Date: 09 Dec 95 18:14 UT
e2: A text editor, patterned after the unix vi editor
* Update from 2.0h beta to 2.0i beta
* This is a BETA TEST package
* It is being announced only to debian-devel at this time
* e2-2.0.beta is patterned after the vi editor, and provides
* several enhancements, among which are C language syntax
* hiliting and an X11 interface with clickpoint positioning,
* click & drag selection, html processing, and more.
* Please report bugs directly to the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The following is from the author's announcement.
The biggest differences between this version (2.0i) and the previous
beta-test version (2.0h) are as follows...
* The options which control the "c" display mode can now be set
in your elvis.ini file or .exrc (elvis.rc for non-UNIX) file.
* Added support for a "binary" option, so that binary files can
be read and written. Generally, the "binary" option is set
in the "elvis.brf" file so it will be automatically set for each
new buffer, before the buffer is loaded with data from the file.
* Support for "wrapmargin" has been implemented in normal and
c display modes.
* In the "man" display modes, the .B and .I commands will now insert
whitespace between arguments. Previously they omitted whitespace
like the .BI, etc. commands do.
* Implemented abbreviations.
* Fixed many bugs:
* I fixed a bug in the handling of modifier keys, which should
make some non-U.S. keyboards work better.
* Fixed bugs in the :xit and :goto commands, and added the
* I believe I have fixed that annoying bug which caused cw to
leave the old text and the terminating '$' in the buffer
even after ESC.
* Fixed some bugs in the visual ! command.
* I've written most of the documentation. The missing chapters are
4 (ex mode), 8 (user interfaces), 9 (initialization & sessions),
and 11 (error messages).
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 396979 Dec 9 10:14 e2-2.0.beta-3.tar.gz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 11770 Dec 9 10:14 e2-2.0.beta-3.diff.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 173336 Dec 9 10:13 e2-2.0.beta-3.deb
email@example.com (Bill Mitchell)