Re: ncurses build options...

On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > ncurses-term-1.9.7a-1.deb will contain the monolithic set of terminfo
> > files.  It depends on the lockstep revision of ncurses-base (since we
> > might move a few more things out of term and into base as they seem
> > appropriate -- getting out of sync might cause surprise disappearance of
> > important files).
> If we decide to move a terminal out of ncurses-term into ncurses-base
> then people who have both installed and upgrade ncurses-term before
> ncurses-base will miss one of them for a bit.  Is this important ?

If you mean "during the time it takes them to do the other upgrade"  when
you say "for a bit", then I think you're right.  I would like to confirm
some dpkg behavior, though:

Take ncurses-base-1 and ncurses-term-1.  The decision is made to move
Wyse50 terminals from term to base.  New versions (xxx-2) are released.
User installs base-2, then term-2.  This would leave the user without
Wyse50, unless dpkg moved the wyse50 from term.list to base.list.

Does it do this (you said something earlier today that made it sound like
it does)?

Mike.
--
"I'm a dinosaur.  Somebody's digging my bones."