Re: ncurses build options...

Michael Alan Dorman writes ("Re: ncurses build options..."):
> ncurses-term-1.9.7a-1.deb will contain the monolithic set of terminfo
> files.  It depends on the lockstep revision of ncurses-base (since we
> might move a few more things out of term and into base as they seem
> appropriate -- getting out of sync might cause surprise disappearance of
> important files).

I don't think this is necessary, and even if it were a straightforward
dependency wouldn't help.

If we decide to move a terminal out of ncurses-term into ncurses-base
then people who have both installed and upgrade ncurses-term before
ncurses-base will miss one of them for a bit.  Is this important ?

> Done.  Is it necessary or appropriate to have ncurses-dev be
> ncurses2-dev?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't plan to support
> people compiling with multiple versions, so it should be sufficient to
> make sure that ncurses-dev merely has the correct dependencies, right?

Someone else will have to answer this.

Ian.