Re: ncurses build options...

Michael Alan Dorman writes ("ncurses build options..."):
> OK, here's what I think I've come up with:
> [snip]

That all sounds reasonable.  I take it that the terminfo manipulation
programs and the manpages are small enough that having them installed
on every system is not a problem (ncurses-runtime will be an essential
package).

Also, we need to decide on the package naming conventions for shared
library packages.

I think that `developer', while nice and explanatory, is rather long
to appear in package listings and the like, so I'd favour using `-dev'
instead.

The runtime package needs to contain the shared library major version
number in its name, and we need to be prepared to install several
versions.

Ian.