Re: ELF packages

> I've moved the new ELF packages that David and Ray are working on to
> /debian/private/project/elf.  As soon as they give the word, I'll move
> them into the distribution.  For now, I urge everyone to upgrade their
> copies of gcc, libc, etc., as we're going to start wanting to building
> ELF packages fairly soon.

As far as I'm concerned, the aout-* packages are ready to go into
the distribution.

I'll be uploading new ELF libc5, binutils and gcc packages later
tonight or tomorrow morning.  The only change is that they explicitly
"conflict" with and "provide" the elf-* equivalents.  These should
also be moved into the distribution.

I'll also be uploading an ELF gcc 2.7.1 package.  I don't expect any
problems, but this one should probably receive a little more testing
before being moved.

David