Re: Distribution

Hallo Ian Jackson!

}So, what we're left with, if you agree with my release strategy, is:
}
} released -> debian-0.93
} debian-0.93/binary         [ bugfixes and urgent releases only ]
}             source
}             ms-dos
}             Packages -> binary/Packages
}             disks

So bugfixes et cetera still go into a released release (eh published
release). So we run into the great slackware problem that there are
tons of version 2.2 (as an example).

I don't agree to that. What about the following:

released -> debian-0.93
debian-0.93/binary
            source
            ms-dos
            Packages -> binary/Packages
            disks
	    updates/binary         [ bugfixes and urgent releases only ]
                    source
                    ms-dos
                    Packages -> binary/Packages
                    disks

Then it's a static Debian GNU/Linux 0.93R6 for say half a year. Only
some updates will go into the updates directory. Users who download
0.93R6 once won't have to check for everything if they want to have a
problemless release. They can look at the updates dir. And cdrom
vendors don't have the problem that their just pressed cd is outdated
just by publishing it.

What about 1.0? Ian Murdock told us that it will be fully ELF, so we
all have to creat ELF packages?

} doc/                       [ Shouldn't we merge doc/, info/ and some
} info/                        of project/ ? ]

                               yes!

}Does this seem good to people ?

	Partially

Gruesse,

	Joey

  / +49-441-777884  *  Login&Passwd: nuucp  *  Index: ~/ls-lR.gz  /
 / Germany.Net ist vergleichbar mit einem Telefon                /
/          ohne Waehlscheibe und Klingel... -- Lutz Donnerhacke /
30.10.95: Oldenburger Linux-Stammtisch, ab 20h im DaCapo