papersize

The a2gs postinst uses /etc/papersize if it exists or asks the user for
the default papersize and writes this to /etc/papersize.

The TeX postinst needs this information too, but it can't rely on an
installed a2gs. This means code has to be duplicated which could result
in incompatibilities and is not a satisfying solution anyway.

Could this be included in the base system?

I'm willing to write a dialog based perl script modeled after the a2gs
script to do papersize configuration.

Any other ideas?

A related note:
Currently I use dialog in perl scripts by using a modified version of
dialog.pl that uses perl5's modular features. The result is Dialog.pm,
making the use of dialog extremely convenient.

How should I make this file available? TeX postinst (not the current but
the coming version containing full dialog-guided configuration) will need it.

I asked the dialog author if he is interested but got no response.
I'll try that again.

Nils