Re: xdm and gpm conflict

>    Make sure you have both gpm and X using the ttyS* device to access
>    your mouse.  They won't coexist using cua* or any flavor of bus mouse.
>
> I've got a bus mouse -- that seems like a strange restriction.

I don't know all of the details, but it has to do with the way
processes can share ttyS* devices and not the others.  If you have a
bus mouse, you'll need to check the gpm documentation thoroughly.  I
think there's a way you can have X receive mouse events from gpm, but
I don't know how well, or even if, it works.

David