Re: R6 boot/root disc
> With the new R6 boot/root disc I got the following problem:
> My Pro Audio Studio card is recognized as SCSI adapter card and my
> Adaptec 1542B isn't seen at all.
> Any solutions?
What SCSI driver does the system think it is, an Adaptec 1542?
Please experiment with using the following items on the boot command line:
Where 0xXXXX is the base address of the sound card, or try 0xXXXX-0xXXXX for
an address range.
This reserves an address range for manual configuration. Use it to _exclude_
your sound card, and maybe the AHA1542 will then work without manual
configuration. Here are the manual configurations for AHA1542.
* LILO params: aha1542=<PORTBASE>[,<BUSON>,<BUSOFF>[,<DMASPEED>]]
* Where: <PORTBASE> is any of the valid AHA addresses:
* 0x130, 0x134, 0x230, 0x234, 0x330, 0x334
* <BUSON> is the time (in microsecs) that AHA spends on the AT-bus
* when transferring data. 1542A power-on default is 11us,
* valid values are in range: 2..15 (decimal)
* <BUSOFF> is the time that AHA spends OFF THE BUS after while
* it is transferring data (not to monopolize the bus).
* Power-on default is 4us, valid range: 1..64 microseconds.
* <DMASPEED> Default is jumper selected (1542A: on the J1),
* but experimenter can alter it with this.
* Valid values: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 (MB/s)
* Factory default is 5 MB/s.
-- Attention Ham Radio Operators: For information on "Linux for Hams", read
-- the World Wide Web page http://www.hams.com/LinuxForHams, or e-mail to
-- email@example.com .