FTP SERVER ftp.debian.org

On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Matthew Bailey wrote:

> The ftp server is getting ready for some hardware upgrades here in the
> near future and thus the folowing problem will be looked at different
> levels of severity.
> . We have run into a problem that FTPD is dying on SIGNAL 6.
> We have not changed anything on the system that would cause this. If
> anyone has a clue as to why this is happening let me know.
>
> If the machine does not come bacvk after a system rebuild tommorow
> morning (THUR AUG 10) then it will be powered down until I can return on
> Sunday and make some sort of fix to get it up and running again.
> If it comes back online tommorow I hope to do some hardware upgrades on
> or about a week from tommorow..
>

> Thanks for your cooperation...
> Matthew S. Bailey..
>
> Please mail mbailey@gnu.ai.mit.edu with any direct mail so that some one
> can forward it on to me via phone or other method. Since I am taking a
> break from computer consoles for hopefully a week...

Right now I have managed to get ftp downloads to work.  Currently there
are still problems with uploads resulting in my having to disable uploads :(
but I am working on trying to figure out a solution.

Will let everyone know when I get uploads to work again.

----back to my little corner here behing ftp.debian.org....:)---

David

David Brinks - Assist Sys Admin.   brinks@cps.cmich.edu
422 Pearce Hall                    Mail maintainer of:  archive, ftpadmin
Computer Science Department           www, and sometimes other accounts
Central Michigan University           used for admin purposes.
---All opinions, and possibly some of the facts, are strictly of my own.----