Re: investigation of SYSLINUX booting problems

   Date: Thu, 27 Jul 95 08:05:12 PDT
   From: mitchell@mdd.comm.mot.com (Bill Mitchell)

   > Also, SYSLINUX uses an msdos
   > diskette, so users can change the kernel image on the diskette before
   > they even install Linux.  With LILO, this is not possible.

   But LILO diskettes can have several alternate (yes, "alternate"; in
   the sense of "substitute") kernal images.  Perhaps three might fit
   on a single boot diskette, with a boot-time message explaining how
   to choose between them.

You can do this with syslinux, too.  I think (correct me if I'm wrong,
someone) that you can do everything with syslinux that you can do with
LILO.