Packaging tip

Here is a useful tip for all those who are practicing up for their
packages...

This method helps make the creation of the major portion of a binary
package *much* easier and much more simple than creating a file list
by hand or other nasty methods.

--

1. compile the program as usual with ${prefix} = /usr
2. change the prefix to /usr/src/<Program>/usr

I hope that's self explanatory.  I've had success getting it to work
with GNU packages, and I don't see why it won't work with any
well-designed package that uses a prefix variable in the Makefile.

Caveat: Make certain that no files are changed during 'make install'
or it could mean trouble.

 Dan

--
Daniel Quinlan  <quinlan@spectrum.cs.bucknell.edu>