Re: Berkeley (was UUCP)

On Fri, 25 Mar 1994, Remy CARD wrote:

> 	I have compiled sendmail 8.6.8 (the latest and greatest) under Linux.
> My version can use dbm maps but can also use the new db library from Berkeley.

Remy, is this Berkeley 4.4? The new db library with no size limits? Are we
considering other new things from Berkeley, such as genuine vi with no
line length limit, and fully eight bit clean? If we can legally use some
of the new work from Berkeley, then I think we should. I think the source
is freely avaliable and re-distributable, and it is certified uncontaminated.

Charlie Brady * (W) charlieb@tplrd.tpl.oz.au * (H) charlieb@budge.apana.org.au
"Make it as simple as possible - | Tel: (02) 413 6838 ____Telectronics__| /\__
  but no simpler"   Einstein, A  | Fax: (02) 413 6868 Pacing Systems    \/