Re: Perl and other issues

On Sun, 27 Feb 1994, Robert Sanders wrote:

> > > 5) If the idea of rewriting dpkg in perl is still alive, I may be able to...
> >
> > C is much better for this specific task, I think.
>
> Since it has to be small and fit on a bootdisk along with a shell, yes.  Otherwise,
> perl is a strong contender.

Isn't there a very small perl script that can be used as an interactive
shell? Which would mean that perl could fit on a bootdisk instead of a shell?

Charlie Brady * (W) charlieb@tplrd.tpl.oz.au * (H) charlieb@budge.apana.org.au
"Make it as simple as possible - | Tel: (02) 413 6838 ____Telectronics__| /\__
  but no simpler"   Einstein, A  | Fax: (02) 413 6060 Pacing Systems    \/