Re: Debian source tree

I agree that source should be distributed as separate packages with
patch files. It sounds like it would be easier on all concerned.

Our time would be better spent in developing standards for package
developers so that their packages could slide effortlessly into
distributions such as Debian without being specialized for Debian
only. A standard list of targets and definitions for what those
targets do, standard names for path variables so that they could be
propogated across hierarchical makefiles, perhaps a list of files that
should be present such as README (general explanation), version.c for
patch, CHANGES, etc. Perhaps some of the people who worked on FSSTD
would be interested in taking this on?

	Bruce

[replies to me are still broken, at least now I know how I want to fix]
[them. :-) Maybe tomorrow. Everything else seems to work OK.]