Re: serious issues in piano booster 7.1 -- from the original author of the program.

El dom., 2 feb. 2020 a las 11:20, Louis B.
(<louisjbarman@googlemail.com>) escribió:

> Dear Miriam Ruiz,

Hi!

> Hello I am the original author of piano booster and after many years of neglect wish to continue supporting piano booster as I am coming up to retirement .

I'm happy to hear that. Itś a great program.

> However on testing the current  version of piano booster 7.0 and 7.1 I found many serious issues with it. The most important one to me is that the MIDI input does not work so any notes played on a connected MIDI piano keyboard get ignored. The whole purpose of Piano Booster is to teach the piano and encourage users to learn to read sheet music by turning it into an educational game.
> I cannot bare to think of users trying this out as it cannot work for them.

That sounds strange, as I personally use it with an external midi
keyboard, normally. Maybe there might be an issue with some different
software or hardware combinations?

> I am busily working on fixes for this which will be in a new release 7.2

Cool!

> So I just wanted to make contact with you as you are shown as the maintainer for PianoBooster for Debian and I hope that you will be able to help me getting a new release? Is there any way to fast track a new release 7.2 when it is ready?

Just ping me and I will try to make it as fast as I can. I'm adding
the Debian Games Team in Cc, as the game is team maintained and I'm
sure they might be also interested.

> Also do you please have a policy on translated languages for Debian as Piano-booster has 97 translated languages the vast majority of the translations  are less than 50% completed.

We could probably ping and ask for help in some of the Debian i18n
mailing lists, and hopefully some people might want to help.

> Thank you
>
> Louis

Thanks to you,
Miry