Re: Updating ogre to 1.12.3

Am 23.11.19 um 14:43 schrieb Simon Schmeisser:

> On 23.11.19 14:29, Markus Koschany wrote:
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> Am 23.11.19 um 14:23 schrieb Simon Schmeisser:
>>> Hi Markus,
>>>
>>> I was traveling and working a lot recently and didn't get to working on
>>> it yet. One short question about further steps:
>>>
>>> I'm basically planning to follow this guide
>>> https://honk.sigxcpu.org/projects/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.import.upstream-git.html
>>> and import the remote git directly. Can I then push this directly to
>>> debian-games group or should I push it to my namespace and somebody
>>> moves it once it reaches a certain quality level?
>> If you feel comfortable with Git you can just work with our official
>> team repository of ogre and import everything. You can also choose to
>> create a new branch aside from master or upstream and temporarily work
>> with that. We can always merge it to master later.
>
> There is one git repository called "ogre" in attic which contains
> ogre-1.7, do you mean this? I assumed I should create a new repo called
> debian-games/ogre-1.12 and just copy the debian files from 1.9 and add
> changes towards supporting 1.12 as commits on top of that?

I'm not sure if we want to continue using different ogre repositories.
In my opinion using one repository, maybe with different branches, would
preserve the history. We can also create an ogre-1.12 one if that helps.

> But maybe I should just start working on it instead of thinking too much ...

Yeah, we can always import your new package to either ogre-1.12 or just
an ogre repository later.

Regards,

Markus