Re: Updating ogre to 1.12.3

On 23.11.19 14:29, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Am 23.11.19 um 14:23 schrieb Simon Schmeisser:
>> Hi Markus,
>>
>> I was traveling and working a lot recently and didn't get to working on
>> it yet. One short question about further steps:
>>
>> I'm basically planning to follow this guide
>> https://honk.sigxcpu.org/projects/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.import.upstream-git.html
>> and import the remote git directly. Can I then push this directly to
>> debian-games group or should I push it to my namespace and somebody
>> moves it once it reaches a certain quality level?
> If you feel comfortable with Git you can just work with our official
> team repository of ogre and import everything. You can also choose to
> create a new branch aside from master or upstream and temporarily work
> with that. We can always merge it to master later.

There is one git repository called "ogre" in attic which contains
ogre-1.7, do you mean this? I assumed I should create a new repo called
debian-games/ogre-1.12 and just copy the debian files from 1.9 and add
changes towards supporting 1.12 as commits on top of that?

But maybe I should just start working on it instead of thinking too much ...

> P.S.: Please keep the team mailing list in CC, so that others can help
> you too. Miriam Ruiz also sent some feedback.
Sure, sorry. I'll try to incoporate the changes from Miriam Ruiz once I
have the basics right