Updating ogre to 1.12.3

Hi All,

I'm new to Debian development so please excuse me if this is the wrong
place to ask. We use rviz at work which uses ogre as its rendering
engine. I would like to update the Debian (and Ubuntu) package to the
current upstream release (from 1.9.0 to 1.12.3). I uploaded a modified
package to mentors.debian.org but did not get any feedback. The current
maintainer responded to direct mail that he is too busy to continue
working on this package.

Could anybody guide me as to what the next steps would be?

https://mentors.debian.net/package/ogre-1.12

Thanks a lot

Simon