Re: I propose my help for maintaining 0ad

On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 at 14:58:45 +0200, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> The problem is with the script libraries/source/spidermonkey/mozjs-38.0.0/
> python/mach/mach/mixin/process.py

Ugh, an embedded code copy of an outdated mozjs? I hope this isn't being
used to execute untrusted JavaScript code from mods or similar...

(mozjs38 was never in Debian, but mozjs52 is now available in unstable,
although it has portability issues which are still in progress.)

> I have no idea why "debuild" would remove the SHELL definition.

Because debuild clears the environment, except for a few whitelisted
variables, to reduce the extent to which your personal configuration
affects builds. That's a large part of what it gives you over using
dpkg-buildpackage.

0ad would potentially also fail to build from source if your shell was
zsh, as I experienced with mozjs52. The same general idea as the patch
in https://bugs.debian.org/876354 is probably applicable.

Regards,
    smcv