Re: Announcing Lugaru 1.1, now fully DFSG-free

> Hi Martin and the Debian games team,
>
> TL;DR: Lugaru is now 100% DFSG-free and it would be awesome if the new
> version could go into Debian main for the next stable, obsoleting the
> current contrib/nonfree openlugaru [0].
>

> I'm happy to announce the release of Lugaru 1.1 by the OSS Lugaru
> project [1], which among other fixes and improvements is now 100%
> DFSG-free. Indeed, David Rosen from Wolfire agreed to relicense all
> assets under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license [2], and other mods that we
> added to the main tree are licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0 and 4.0.
>
> You can read the full release notes and download the source tarball here [3].

FYI, we released Lugaru 1.2 a couple weeks ago. You can read the
changelog/release notes here [0].

It brings mostly bug fixes, some more refactoring and improvements to
the internal map editor - if you are still in the process of packaging
Lugaru 1.1, I would suggest to rebase on top of 1.2.

BTW, we added a proper versioning in the game (shown in the terminal
in full, and in the main menu in abbreviated form, here "1.2"), see
[1]. It should work out of the box, but you may want to set the
LUGARU_VERSION_RELEASE CMake parameter if you want to advertise it as
the official Debian build.

For example for Mageia and Fedora we set it as `"%{vendor}
%{version}-%{release}"`, so the Lugaru long version string ends up
being (for my current Mageia package): `Version 1.2 [Mageia
1.2-1.mga6]`.

Cheers,
Rémi

[0] https://gitlab.com/osslugaru/lugaru/tags/1.2