Re: Announcing Lugaru 1.1, now fully DFSG-free

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

On Fri, 2017-01-20 at 23:53 +0100, Vincent Prat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Before updating the VCS fields in the control file, maybe we should
> first rename the repository.
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vincent

That sounds like a good idea.

I just noticed there's still a symlink lugaru.git->openlugaru.git in
place on the alioth server (since the rename to openlugary 3.5 years
ago), so it actually both the openlugaru and lugaru VCS URLs works
equally well at the moment, both for git and CGit (I have apparently
been using pkg-games/lugaru.git throughout).

When you rename the repo, it's probably good to also reverse that
symlink, for the convenience of unknown repo watchers.

For the package renaming, I'm quite rusty regarding this, but as per
https://wiki.debian.org/RenamingPackages there's some hints about using
a transitional dummy, package, and using versioned Replaces & Breaks.
The dummy package I think is needed for automatic transition for
previous users of 'openlugaru' onto 'lugaru' (if that's what we want to
happen (I would say it probably is)).

--
Martin Erik Werner <martinerikwerner@gmail.com>