Re: Looking sponsor for my package - Osmose Emulator

Em 28-08-2016 06:57, Rémi Verschelde escreveu:
Am Sonntag, den 28.08.2016, 01:05 -0300 schrieb Carlos Donizete Froes:
Hi,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "osmose-emulator".

To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:

https://mentors.debian.net/package/osmose-emulator

Thanks!

(I do not intend to sponsor it)

Some remarks:
- the Debian git repository seems not to point to the Debian
packgaging, nor does not have the debian files at all. Did you forget
to push them?
- the repository lacks the history of the package: It is only one
commit. As the repository is new, I'd suggest to nuke it and then
regeneraate it using e.g. gbp import-dscs --debsnap to retain history,
if you do not have the project's history in a repository somewhere.
- Have you forked osmose-emulator? Asking, because the website in
"Homepage" is still at 0.96, while on your github you have released 1.0
I you have forked, you should update the homepage to the github, I
guess. Are you in contact with the original author, becasue then he may
want to update his homepage if he is consent of the
fork/resurrection....

I wonder about this too, where is the git history for this version
1.0? The lutris maintainer and I are maintaining a fork of osmose and
have released version 0.9.97 (latest upstream was 0.9.96) with Qt5
support and some bug fixes. Is there another new upstream that we
missed, or did you just label your own version with some patches as
1.0?

I remember having wrote to you some months ago to mention this lutris
fork that could be considered as the new upstream/maintenance version,
unless somebody really interested in upstream development takes over
(on the Lutris side we only intend to do maintenance releases, mostly
to make it more distribution friendly).

(I didn't find any technical issues, but I did not check in depth)

I am developing with Qt5 libraries and QuaZIP. As I'm changing the program structure, better start from version 1.0 instead of continuing the version 0.9.96.

The original source contained an embedded copy of the "unzip" in source code that made me remove and change now to QuaZIP, which will soon be available.

I downloaded the source code direct from the developer's site, I contacted several times to make changes, as I had no answers, chose to correct some mistakes to climb to Debian.

--
Carlos Donizete Froes [a.k.a coringao]
- https://wiki.debian.org/coringao