Re: About your minetest-mod-* packages

Hi,

> Well the 4 listed on this page aren't maintained by the games team:
> https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=nik@naturalnet.de

That's because noone ever cared to upload the new versions from Git… my
sponsor from the Games team promised to do so three years ago, but it never
happened. New versions under team maintenance are ready for upload in the pkg-
games git.

> I'm not sure I understand, does minetest had a mod installer (I don't
> play it a lot)?  Why can't we use separate packages for globally
> installed mods and keep user installed mods?

Yes, the two oculd probably co-exist.

> If your other points are true, then the mod packages should be removed
> and people can just install them manually. In my experience most
> upstream developers are not as bad as you claim if you ask them to fix
> something.

I tried. I tried to build a plugin repo for Minetes for somemonths, and also
packaged some modules. I had many more to upload to Debian, but upstream
issues never got fixed. Some plugin developers even removed their modules
instead of adding a valid license when asked.

Maybe within the last three years, things have changed. I'm sure willing to
investigate (added to to-do list).

-nik

--
PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296

Dominik George · Mobil: +49-151-61623918

Teckids e.V. · FrOSCon e.V. · OpenRheinRuhr e.V.
Fellowship of the FSFE · Piratenpartei Deutshland
Opencaching Deutschland e.V. · Debian Contributor

LPIC-3 Linux Enterprise Professional (Security)