Re: homepage(s) for game-data-packager

> ... And then a link to the wiki page and vice versa?

I took care that everything now online is linked together.

For the "contact".. I don't know,
isn't the BTS or reportbug enough ?

I don't feel like stating "just mail g-d-p@packages.deb..."
and turn this in a spam honeypot.

>>> Why are there multiple doom or quake engines?
>>> How can I successfully play the games?
>>> Are there any walkthrough guides?
>>> Are there any alternatives?
>>> Is it possible to create data for those games?
>>> How can it be done?
>>> How can I contact the developers? etc. pp.
>> Wow, that'd be awesome; but I have no idea who will provide that.
>>
>> Would be adding an "mobygames id" in G-D-P game definition
>> used to build an URL to this site OK for a start ?
>>
>> Or a link to wikipedia ? What could be considered to be
>> a usefull reference ?
>>
>> Doing the same for games already documented on Debian wiki ?
>> https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Doom
>
> Adding more yaml metadata to g-d-p to tackle those questions would be a
> good idea. In most cases I would prefer links to wikipedia and to Debian's
> own wiki where interested users could add additional information about the game.
> That would also simplify the maintenance work a little. The links would appear
> on the homepage and people could easily edit wiki pages if they wanted
> to contribute new information to a game.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Markus

I've now added a new franchise: tag to loosely link together games from the same
franchise;like original Zork & Zork Grand Inquisitor that doesn't use the same
engine at all. This will be used to help navigate in the list.

---

Go for wikipedia, but I'll keep in mind that wp is localized
& not equally.

This is only available in Czech for example:
https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dra%C4%8D%C3%AD_historie

I'll note down the best version (most time the english one)
in the yaml files and write some utility to find the url for
translated versions;
as linked in wikimedia toolbox (hopefully not downloading the whole dataset)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(series)
-> https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(s%C3%A9rie)
-> https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_(Computerspiel)

This lookup table would then be updated semi-automatically
before release.

---

I'll also lookup the engine upstream url from it's package
d/control file; as it's shown on the PTS.

Greets,

Alexandre Detiste