Re: Love2d 0.10 released

> Rémi Verschelde writes:
>>
>> I've been in contact a few times with upstream (Simon Larsen), and
>> he's quite friendly and open to contributions. If you open an issue on
>> the GitHub repo [1] asking for a love 0.10 port, or propose a pull
>> requests, I'm sure a new version with love 0.10 support will be
>> release quickly.
>
> Good to know. I'll raise an issue with him.
>
> Are the one looking at his other games? The love packaging policy (url
> out of my reach atm) was intended to make it quicker to package love
> games. It was based on mrrescue as a reference package but my final
> mrrescue finished up being slightly different so that page is out of
> date. I'll make an effort to update it over the holidays.

If you meant "Are *you* the one", I'm not - I'm actually a Mageia
packager, but I lurk on debian-devel-games as an important part of
what is discussed here is also relevant to my packaging interests for
Mageia.

I haven't seen Debian's packaging policy for Löve2D games yet, but I
guess it should be pretty straightforward. Basically packaging a love
game means zipping the contents of the source repo in a .love archive,
put it in /usr/share/games/$name/, and add a matching desktop file and
icon (and maybe a wrapper script in /usr/games/$name).

Here are some examples of Löve2D games I packaged for Mageia if you're
interested (and know RPM spec files a bit):
- 90 second portraits -
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/90secondportraits/current/SPECS/90secondportraits.spec?view=markup
- Duck Marines -
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/duckmarines/current/SPECS/duckmarines.spec?view=markup
(by the way for this one I'm using a custom source tarball based on
some work we did on the FreeGameDev repo to replace the NC music with
libre music - Simon Larsen has said he still prefers the NC art and
has asked the author if he would relicense it, but no answer so far
[1])
- In Your Face City Trains -
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/iyfct/current/SPECS/iyfct.spec?view=markup
- Mari0 - http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/mari0/current/SPECS/mari0.spec?view=markup