Re: New libode version

Hi Gianfranco,

El Dimecres, 14 d'octubre de 2015, a les 12:28:37, Gianfranco Costamagna va
escriure:
> Hi Leopold,
>
> >What do you miss there? I checked yesterday and I have tried to put all the
> >
> >most important information. However I have retouched some parts today. One
>
> well, mentioning the autoreconf issue makes the changelog look fine

ok

> >important think that I propose is to increase the epoch number from 2 to 3.
>
> why? I'm not sure you understand correctly why epoch exists :)

I agree, I didn't understand it correctly (the epoch number) :-(
I only have read the debian policy but now after reread it again and view the
changelog I think that I understand it. Move again.

> >I have maintained the previous entries because there appears the work done
> >by >others that I would like to respect. I know that it's not a clean and
> >nice changelog but the libode package work has been chaotic.
>
> yes I know, but it is fine this way (modulo epoch bump)
>
> >lintian complains about that, that the susbtituion was void, so I dropped
> >it. It's in the -dev package.
>
> this is not lintian complaining, but some dh_* call I guess, anyway I would
> appreciate more an empty substitution rather than a missing runtime library
> (e.g. because in the future some new library is added)

dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package libode-dev: unknown
substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}

sorry, it was dpkg-control. I put it again. I don't know if I will miss some
strange dependency. Pushed again

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia