Re: How to handle unused third party libraries in upstream tarball

Ahoi!

Cesare Falco <c.falco@ubuntu.com> writes:
>     Is it fine to silence the Lintian errors ? Should I rather skip
>     this
>     them when creating the orig tarball ? Is it a case to use the dfsg
>     suffix ?

Iff these are actually free and come with source you can silence lintian
(you also need to include all of these unused files e.g. in
debian/copyright then!). I'm not sure that is the case for the .chm?
Anyway removing stuff from the tarball makes sure you don't accidentally
build against (parts) of these embedded copies! That's mostly the reason
I tend to always strip stuff.

  Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer