Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

On Sat, 2 May 2015 11:34:14 iammyr wrote:
> If that's the case then I perfectly see how Debian should do something
> about this. It's not that because everyone is used to only see useless
> females in videogames since Super Mario came along, then this should
> continue happening for ever and Debian should support it and everyone
> should think it's normal.
>
> If something is wrong, it is wrong and Debian should actually be very
> proud of supporting such a change.

It is not for us here in Debian to apply censorship once there is no unanimous
agreement that something is wrong and only few people believe that it is.

It is an upstream issue so let Supertuxkart developers deal with it the way
they like.

IMHO it will be inappropriate to drop content just because few people don't
like it.

--
Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov

---

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
        -- Christopher Hitchens, 2004