Re: Content rating
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Content rating
- From: Ric Moore <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 02:19:36 -0400
- Message-id: <55431AF8.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAFotxVNP7EHSFHkuS4B4t1hSNHhbK+UdR5+3_hVNEnObZnNt8w@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <5541F4F6.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1646153357.1639851.1430387412829.JavaMail.email@example.com> <20150430105257.GC5430@localhost> <CAJYD9f-57t1OCuTkzFDcq=4GBdMe0QUB2W_7XRSgRYuSASqbDw@mail.gmail.com> <20150430210507.GA10101@mail.beuc.net> <CAFotxVNh4cX-QJnnduUvZcq0uXGhYwDJV--Bo-tSaG+EacGYTQ@mail.gmail.com> <20150430212835.GB10101@mail.beuc.net> <CAFotxVNP7EHSFHkuS4B4t1hSNHhbK+UdR5+3_hVNEnObZnNt8w@mail.gmail.com>
On 04/30/2015 05:37 PM, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
should be a must.
Heh, "should" and "must" in the same sentence. In human behaviorist
terms, that is pretty "aggressive". In other words, what you think is of
the utmost truth, anyone else is just wrong and must/should think as you
do. This smacks more of an personal agenda than it does a mere observation.
So, if you were a 14 year old girl, how would seeing another young girl
in a bathing suit offend you? It wouldn't, would it? I don't think so.
Seeing a young girl, from a young girl's perspective, pictured as a
female Indiana Jones would just be "cute". And, it might "entice" young
girls to play Linux games on Linux. Then we would have more of them as
grownups as contributing members. I think that it the obvious point,
until the specter of MALE GAZING horrible MEN is introduced. Again, I
see more agenda here, than observations.
I think, in the future, if you preface your remark with "it would be
better if", or "in my opinion", then you show respect for your
relationship to your reader. Aggression is always an abusive behavior,
Suppose they introduce the nuclear family as race contestants, Mom, Dad
and brother, along with sister Sara, all in bathing suits enjoying
themselves with a go-kart race day at the beach?? Perfect Disney family
style. Would that be more acceptable? Ric
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.