Re: FYI: debian-legal is discussing the inclusion in the Debian archive of "erotic" interactive fiction depicting the sexual abuse of children

> Am 11.03.2014 17:54, schrieb Miriam Ruiz:
>> Right now there is no need to make any decision at all, it is
>> in the hands of the FTP Masters, and we as a project trust them.
>
> As far as I am aware there is not even the need for the FTP masters to
> decide because there is no Debian developer who is considering to
> package or sponsor the game. (Or is there?) There was just someone who
> is not a Debian developer or maintainer and who has not contributed to
> the Games Team before who asked on debian-devel-games if this game can
> be included. By being somewhat well-spoken and not mentioning child
> abuse in the beginning he got the discussion going. But as long as there
> is no Debian developer who considers uploading something like that I
> really don't know why to continue the discussion.

There is certainly no need of, at the moment, but I was referring to
Paul's words:

> I can think of a few people who'd likely support it's inclusion, but
> this isn't the mainstream viewpoint. There's an ftpteam meeting about
> this coming up, and there'll be an 'official' response.

I haven't played the game myself, and I quite likely won't, so I don't
have a personal opinion. All I know is that different people have
different points of view about what the games contains. I guess that
most of us are building our opinion on other's, thus being a 2nd or
3rd hand opinion. i honestly don't know how the game is like, whether
it is legal or not in some countries or others, or if it would be
removing some scenes. There is a great difference in one case and the
other.

Even before all the discussion started, when I noticed that it would
be a controversial game I asked both the DPL and the FTP Masters to
know their position. Just for the record, it is quite likely that at
some point or other there will be some kind of games for adults
proposed, probably not as this one, according to what has been said
about it, but for adults nonetheless. It will be a good thing to know
in advance what to do about that. It would be a waste of time to go
through all the process of packaging the game to jave it rejected for
social or moral reasons in the end. Legal reasons are a different
thing.

Greetings,
Miry