Re: Should sauerbraten-wake6 be part of main?

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Markus Koschany wrote:

> In case of Naev we seem to have a problem with one single png file. I
> think this issue can be resolved by using common sense without putting
> the stigma of non-freeness on the whole project.

I don't think we have done the latter, I've always been clear about
what the issue was with naev and replacing the file with a blank image
was always an option.

The other, more problematic, issue with naev is that the scripts used
to render the images didn't work last time I checked them due to
blender being updated in Debian and changing its Python APIs. Some
folks were going to update the scripts but I don't think we heard from
them again. As I understand it, the Debian ftp team require that all
source is buildable in Debian but not that it is actually built during
the package build process.

--
bye,
pabs