Re: The other packages

Looking at mercator, I saw that this upload would also include an
so-name bump. So I fear, its to late to upload to sid. Sorry, but this
stricly spoken would need a transition, even if only a few packages are
involved.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/09/msg00002.html

Oh, bother... :( You're right, of course, I was just so focused on the freeze that I completely forgot that these are technically transitions... even though there are only 2 packages that depend on them.

The bad news is one of these packages is ember[1] which has a number of issues that would be fixed by packaging the newest version... and that newest version depends on the newer libraries. So hopefully this won't cause excessively severe problems with ogre[2].

We can upload to experiment if you want.

This is also true for atlas-cpp, looking at the diff..
Again, experimental is no problem; it can't go to sid at this point of
time.

Sure, I can rewrite those library packages to go to experimental instead. If they're not going into Jessie then they are a much lower priority at this point. Please let me know if you have any feedback but I'm going to focus on cyphesis in the meantime.

-Olek

[1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/e/ember.html
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=760058