Re: One last WorldForge project library

ma, 2014-10-13 kello 20:35 -0500, Olek kirjoitti:
> Fellow Games Team members,
>
> I'm pleased to report that I've taken the last part of the WorldForge
> project under the Games Team umbrella. I've updated alioth[1] with the
> latest libwfut[2] packaging. I've also uploaded it to mentors[3]. I
> would appreciate feedback (or sponsorship!) for this package. Hopefully
> Stephen Webb and I can get the rest of the project polished up before
> the freeze as well.

Here are my comments (I looked at the version in git). I hope you find
them useful.

d/control:79
 interactivly download and update game data and artwork.
           ^
There’s a typo: interactively.

d/rules:4
	dh $@ --parallel --with autoreconf --with python2
The addons can be listed like this: --with autoreconf,python2

I think xz is the default compression, so these lines (in d/rules)
aren’t necessary:
override_dh_builddeb:
	dh_builddeb -- -Zxz

“[Moving] wfut binary install to /usr/games to comply with FHS” is
better(?) achieved by passing --bindir to configure rather than using
dh_install to move the file when installing, i.e.:
1) Add this to rules:
override_dh_auto_configure:
	dh_auto_configure -- --bindir=/usr/games
2) Change the first line of wfut.install to “usr/games/*”.

The VCS-Browser doesn’t work. This is what worked for me:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-games/libwfut.git

Are the patches forwarded upstream? It should be documented as DEP-3
patch header.

I’ve merged the two bugs #734231 “libwfut: use dh-autoreconf to fix
FTBFS on ppc64el” and  #765231 “libwfut: run dh-autoreconf to update for
new architectures” so they both will be closed when the package enters
the archive with Closes: 734231.

--
Juhani