Re: Kerkerkruip

Hi all,

Thanks for showing interest! We'd love for Kerkerkruip to be someday a part of Debian, but lack the experience to do it ourselves.

We have a current .deb package available on our downloads page: http://kerkerkruip.org/downloads/

It is a native package, which I understand is frowned upon, but it was the simplest for us. We could not build version 9 automatically, though this is something that could potentially change for version 10 as we now build automatically on Travis CI (and I guess that process could be adapted for the packaging process.)

On 7 October 2014 14:28, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Nils Dagsson Moskopp wrote:

> I do not have too much time right now. Since Kerkerkruip can be executed
> From a single gblorb file, I assume the things missing for packaging are
> an icon, a .desktop file and a man page. Is this correct? Does anyone on
> the games list have experience with packaging interactive fiction games?

Indeed. Manual page is optional I would think. I would suggest also a
shell script that just execs the interpreter with the gblorb file as
an argument, so people can run it from the command-line easily.

Our package already contains these items. They are stored in our git repo in https://github.com/i7/kerkerkruip/tree/master/packages/debian

-Dannii